Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Crafts


Thanksgiving is by far my very favorite Holiday. It's just the beginning of the Holiday season, but before all of the hustle and bustle of the month of December. Plus-Food, Family and a little Football (My 3 favorite things)…



With both of our families living close together we get the joy of spending time with each of them on the holiday's. I have made a few items to bring to my hostesses on Thanksgiving. 

See my "Gobble Gobble" banner below. I hung it on the trim between the kitchen and the living room just for picture purposes, but i plan on taking it to one of our Thanksgiving dinners-and i think i know just the perfect place for it. 


I made this sign using a Cricket machine. My mom bought it last year and i must admit when she told me about it, my first thought was "Really, Mom you can just buy that stuff for pretty cheap. Is it going to be worth the price you paid for it?" Well, a year later i can absolutely tell you that it's worth it. If you don't already have one, you must put it on your Christmas list. Between me, my sister and my sister in law, we have kept the cricket machine busy. You can do just about anything with them. I am sure most every blog entry of mine will feature a little cricket creation. 


My printer is out of color ink-and i didn't feel like running out to get some. I love these free printable's that i found from one of my favorite blogs, Everyday Cheer, check them out.. As much as i love how these turned out, i still wish that i had them in color. Maybe next time...








I glued them to some card stock strips of colored paper and taped them around a mason jar to use for glasses.







I also used the same printable design tied together with some crossgrain ribbon that i stamped it with my own custom stamp "The Lichte's" and just tied it around my mason jar glass.





I have been excited to use this stamp since it came in the mail. I got it from one of my favorite blogs, Everyday Occasions The blog now has it's own store, you must check it out. I have some ideas for a great customized gift using this stamp and i ordered it in Green specifically for the upcoming holiday season. 



I also added a printable to a flower arrangement that i picked up from a local flower shop. I plan on giving this as a gift to my Thanksgiving hostess. I think it will be a nice addition to a table full of laughter, food and loved ones. 





























I hope that this gives you some last minute inspiration for your Thanksgiving, also-it just might let someone know that you are thankful for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS